Re: [libvirt] libvirt library binary name for linux

´╗┐Yes I know that it is not good for portability and I plan to remove the use of strdup (and libc) by using custom marshaling, I was just making a test.

From: "Justin Clift" <jclift redhat com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 3:11 PM
To: "Alejandro Mery" <amery geeks cl>
Cc: <arnaud champion devatom fr>; <libvir-list redhat com>
Subject: Re: [libvirt] libvirt library binary name for linux

On 10/20/2010 12:03 AM, Alejandro Mery wrote:
<snip>
It's a very standard library.  Sometimes it is "libc.so.6", on older
Linux's, it can be "libc.so.5".

You are generally safe to use it. :)

why does he need to know it? It only helps to ruin portability.

Heh.  At a guess, Arnaud is looking like he's in very early stages
of learning Linux development.  So, he's probably not exactly sure what
he does or doesn't need to know, and is doing his best with the
knowledge he has. :)