Re: [libvirt] libvirt library binary name for linux

[Would you mind changing your style to avoid top-posting?]

On 10/19/2010 06:31 AM, arnaud champion devatom fr wrote:
?Okay, I have found it, I must use "libc.so.6" and the function name is
strdup not _strdup...

Windows prefixes all system functions with _, Linux does not.

strdup() is required by POSIX 2008 but not C99. Windows libc has the notorious habit of providing only what is required by C89 (not even C99); which means MSVCRT might not have strdup by default. However, I do know that mingw provides strdup(); maybe there's a difference between what mingw and native microsoft tools provide.

So, it push to an other questions :

Is libc.so.6 present on any linux distro ? (I use a fedora 13 here)

Libc is present on EVERY system, Linux or otherwise; otherwise, you wouldn't be able to run C programs.