Re: [libvirt] C# bindings (Was: First patch)

?Well, I can make a little sample, with virConnectOpen instead of virConnectOpenAuth, because virConnectOpenAuth cannot work without callback handling, that's why it's larger. But I will be tomorrow ;) it's time to sleep for me.

From: "Justin Clift" <jclift redhat com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 9:46 PM
To: "Arnaud Champion" <arnaud champion devatom fr>
Subject: Re: [libvirt] C# bindings (Was:  First patch)

On 10/20/2010 05:08 AM, Justin Clift wrote:
On 10/20/2010 04:57 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
<snip>
Ok, how's this?

http://justinclift.fedorapeople.org/csharp/csharp.html

Can we also include a sample program using the bindings, as is done in
http://justinclift.fedorapeople.org/csharp/python.html and
http://justinclift.fedorapeople.org/csharp/java.html?

Good idea. Just added a space for one in the layout.

Arnaud, would I be able to get an example program from you, for adding
there? Is "virConnectOpenAuth" the correct kind of thing?

Looked at the virConnectOpenAuth example (from Arnauds patches waiting
for review).  It doesn't seem like a suitable example for the web page,
as the example code is a lot longer/larger than we'd like for this.

Arnaud, do you have time to create an extremely simple example?

Something that shows the very minimum needed.  Sort of like this:
(I do not know C# at all though :>)

  using System;
  using LibvirtBindings;

  // Fill a virConnectAuth structure
  virConnectAuth auth = new virConnectAuth
  {
    cbdata = authData,  // The authData structure
    cb = AuthCallback,  // the method called by callbacks
    CredTypes = new[]
                    {
                      // The list of credentials types
                      virConnectCredentialType.VIR_CRED_AUTHNAME,
                      virConnectCredentialType.VIR_CRED_PASSPHRASE
                    }
  };

  // Request the connection
  IntPtr conn = libVirt.virConnectOpenAuth(tbURI.Text, ref auth, 0);

  // Get the pointer to the domain
  string domainName = new string "MyGuest";
  IntPtr domainPtr = libVirt.virDomainLookupByName(conn, domainName);

  // Start the domain
  Int something = libVirt.virDomainCreate(domainPtr);

  // Close the connection
  libVirt.virConnectClose(conn);

?

Regards and best wishes,