[libvirt] Xen: Stream-API or XML-RPC or XenAPI for managedSave, snapshots

Philipp Hahn hahn at univention.de
Wed Oct 27 14:56:03 UTC 2010

Hello,

for our project I need libvirts "managed save" functionality for Xen-3.4. In
my implementation I tried to use Xens 'suspend' and 'resume', which would
nicely match, but these two functions are not available throu the legacy
streaming API (xend-http-server, xend-unix-server), which libvirt seems to
still use. They are available throu the XML-RPC interface and the XenAPI
interface, which libvirt doesn't seem to use.

Are there any plans to convert libvirt to use one of the newer interfaces?
My other option would be to either implement another subdriver for
xenUnified*, which would implement domainManagedSave(),
domainHasManagedSaveImage() and domainManagedSaveRemove() using XML-RPC (or
XenAPI), or to implement suspend() and resume() in Xend.

I also will need to look at snapshots next: Has someone already investigated
adding snapshot support to Xen(-3.4)?

Sincerely
Philipp Hahn
--
Philipp Hahn           Open Source Software Engineer      hahn at univention.de
Univention GmbH        Linux for Your Business        fon: +49 421 22 232- 0

Besuchen Sie uns auf unseren nächsten Veranstaltungen:
26. - 28.10.: IT & Business 2010 in Stuttgart
27. - 28.10.: MODERNER STAAT 2010 in Berlin
http://www.univention.de/univention/termine/veranstaltungstermin/