Re: [libvirt] XML support for arbitrary command line arguments

On 09/13/2010 11:56 AM, Harsh Bora wrote:
Hi,
Is there a way by which I can pass arbitrary command line args to a
hypervisor (Qemu), and let the hypervisor decide what to do with it?

I mean, is there a generic XML tag define which can be used to specify
'n' number of command line args which are blindly passed to hypervisor
to process?

Yes, as of libvirt 0.8.3. It isn't yet well documented, but the list has had several mails on the topic, such as:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2010-August/msg00589.html

Meanwhile, what particular command line feature are you missing? Ultimately, we would rather add direct libvirt XML support for all qemu features, since that is more stable than using <qemu:commandline> at your own risk, but without knowing what features people are trying to add via <qemu:commandline>, we cannot prioritize which ones to support directly in libvirt.