Re: [libvirt] I can help, but I don't know how

Ok,

I will take a little time to clean up the code, and see if I can generate usable patches along Jaromír Červenka bindings but I'm sure, because I have a full C# project with visual studio project structure. By the way I'm not sure also that my changes works well under mono.

From: "Daniel Veillard" <veillard redhat com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 5:18 PM
To: <arnaud champion devatom fr>; "Jaromír Červenka" <cervajz cervajz com>
Cc: <libvir-list redhat com>
Subject: Re: [libvirt] I can help, but I don't know how

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 11:24:12AM +0200, arnaud champion devatom fr wrote:
?Hi there,

with your help, I have created a Windows tools to manage libvirt/kvm
hypervisor and it is free for libvirt/kvm connections. I have done it
in C# (not mono) and to do that, I have make a lot of modifications
in C# bindings (which in fact works in mono) to improve bindings (my
modifications are mainly around callback handling). You can download the
tool at this web site : http://www.devatom.fr and sorry, for now it's in
french only, I have to work on the translation. Anyway, I think I can
help by handling C# bindings for libvirt, I don't know if I must put
them on my web site or push them to you, let me know if it interest you.

 Hi Arnaud,

well I think the first thing would be to save in some way your changes
to the public, i.e. provide a new release of the C# bindings and or
a patch against the latest version from Jaromír Červenka. Assuming
the licence is LGPL I have no trouble hosting it on libvirt.org, I can
make a repository for it.
For the long term maintainance, it would be better if the current
maintainer Jaromír could reply what his plans are, the web site we have
right now http://www.i-tux.cz/listing.php?repname=SharpLibVirt don't
work anymore. Ideally the could should work both for Mono and pristine
C# and we could get the code of the bindings on a source code management
system if the maintainer(s) agree.
 But as a first step saving the current state of your code would be
a good idea, yes :-), you can send it to me, or post the sources if
it's not too big !