[libvirt] [Libvirt-announce] 0.9.0 freeze week, RC2 version to test

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Mon Apr 4 10:51:58 UTC 2011

On 02/04/2011, at 6:34 PM, Matthias Bolte wrote:
<snip>
>> Thanks.  It's looking like some kind of problem interacting with
>> VirtualBox (v4.0.4):
>
>> This is the full gdb backtrace from the process:
>>
>>  (gdb) thread apply all bt
>>
>>  Thread 1 (process 85784):
>>  #0  0x00007fff8549b3a6 in swtch_pri ()
>>  #1  0x00007fff854d5b51 in _pthread_find_thread ()
<snip>
> Strange point to get stuck.
>
> I assume VirtualBox for OSX comes with it's own GUI tool. Is it also
> affected or only virsh?
>
> Does this happen with VirtualBox 4.0.4 only, or is 4.x or even 3.x affected too?

Just tried with the earlier versions of 4.0.2 and 3.2.12, with full libvirt
autogen.sh and recompile after each installation.  Exact same behaviour, hang
point, everything. :(

The VirtualBox GUI seems completely unaffected.  While virsh is stuck, the
GUI can be started, VM's started/stopped, GUI shut down, all as per normal.

I guess this is going to take a bunch more debugging, which I personally don't
have the time for atm.  (ugh) :(

Are there any other OSX users around that could take a look?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift