[libvirt] ESX network functionality

James Barkley james.barkley at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 23:37:20 UTC 2011

Greetings:
I've added code to the ESX driver to support some basic network
functionality. I'm pretty new to this list, so please tell me how to proceed
with code review and patch submission (yes I've read the contributor
guidelines on the wiki). It seems like people are emailing a patch file for
every file they've changed, each in separate emails with [1 of N] in the
subject, is that right? Or is it better to paste in code, get some feedback,
and eventually attach the patch to the bug tracker item?

I've updated the code for the ESX driver to be able to handle the following
functions :

- virNetworkLookupByName
- virConnectNumOfDefinedNetworks
- virConnectNumOfNetworks
- virConnectListNetworks

I basically mapped the VMware Managed Object Reference for networks into a
few data structures and added the following functions to the internal driver
API:

- esxNumOfNetworks
- esxListNetworks
- esxNumOfDefinedNetworks
- esxNetworkLookupByName
- esxVI_LookupNetworkList
- esxVI_LookupNetworkByName

These functions were modeled after existing functions from the domain and
storage libraries. The following files were touched:

- esx_network_driver.c
- esx_vi.c
- esx_vi.h
- esx_vi_generator.input