Re: [libvirt] libvirt 0.9.0 crashes on first start since boot

On 04/15/2011 09:03 AM, Thomas Treutner wrote:

I removed dnsmasq startup from the runlevel, now it works fine. I have seen dnsmasq errors for a long time, but I didn't really care too much about, as I don't need dnsmasq and the warnings didn't stop libvrit from working. I think I'll just deinstall dnsmasq.

Are you sure you want to uninstall dnsmasq, and not just disable it in the system config? If you uninstall dnsmasq, libvirt will fail to start the virtual networks - it uses dnsmasq to provide DNS for those networks even if you don't specify a dhcp range or hosts.