[libvirt] Application Development Guide

Guilherme Santos guisgb13 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 13:10:37 UTC 2011

Good morning!

I am one of the developers of OurGrid (http://www.ourgrid.org), a middleware
that enables the creation of peer-to-peer computational grids, and we are
studying your Libvirt API in order to see if it satisfies our middleware's
demands.

So we found out your Application Development Guide, and it is being quite
useful. I just found small mistakes in the code examples. Even though don't
know if this is the appropriate place to notify you guys, here you are:

At section 3.9, in the main function, the if block above:

    if (conn4 == NULL) {
            fprintf(stderr, "Failed to open connection to
qemu:///system\n");
            virConnectClose(conn3);
            virConnectClose(conn2);
            virConnectClose(conn1);
            return 3;
    }

The 'return 3' was meant to be 'return 4', right?

And I guess that the final If block at section 4.3 is just missing a return
statement too.

With that being said, I want to take this opportunity to say that
documentation of section 9.3 (Java bindings) would be of great help to us,
since we are developing everything using Java.

Cheers and congratulations for this great job you guys are doing.

Moreover, sorry for my poor english.

Guilherme Santos

--
Guilherme Santos G. Baptista
Graduando em Ciência da Computação pela UFCG