[libvirt] [Libvirt-announce] Libvirt 0.9.1 week freeze, RC1 version to test

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Thu Apr 28 21:05:26 UTC 2011

On 04/28/2011 01:33 AM, Matthias Bolte wrote:
> libvirt compiles fine but virsh has a warning about vfprintf:
>
> virsh.c: In function 'vshDebug':
> virsh.c:12105:5: warning: function might be possible candidate for
> 'ms_printf' format attribute [-Wmissing-format-attribute]
>
> I'm no sure where to fix that.

In mingw's <stdio.h>.  But we can't do that.

vfprintf is NOT being provided by gnulib, so it does NOT understand %zu
or %llu.  Yet we use it with %zu.

So the only real solution is to use virAsprintf (which _does_ understand
%zu, thanks to gnulib) and make vshDebug go through an intermediate
buffer, then use fputs on that string, rather than relying directly on
the unsanitized vfprintf.  Patch coming up shortly.

> make check shows two warnings in gnulib. Maybe Eric wants to take a look:
>
> getsockopt.c: In function 'rpl_getsockopt':
> getsockopt.c:51:7: warning: passing argument 4 of 'getsockopt' from
> incompatible pointer type
> c:\dev\msys_setup\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.0/../../../../include/winsock2.h:543:32:
> note: expected 'char *' but argument is of type 'int *'

Yep, I can fix that one in gnulib; I'll have a counterpart patch to bump
.gnulib to the latest once I've got it done.

> test-getaddrinfo.c:28:1: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type

Probably the same category of gnulib fix.

> Aside from that the rest seems to work fine.

So I fixed the non-blocking pipe issues that broke 0.9.0 virsh
out-of-the-box?  Good to hear.