[libvirt] Availability of 0.9.4 candidate release 2 rc1

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 1 08:08:41 UTC 2011

2011/8/1 Alex Jia <ajia at redhat.com>:
> On 07/30/2011 03:02 PM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>>
>> I actually tagged and pushed the rc2 tarball and rpms yesterday
>> but completely forgot to send the associated mail, oops !
>>
>>    ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/libvirt-0.9.4-rc2.tar.gz
>>
>> Hopefully it fixes most of the problems raised with rc1, including
>> a number of leaks. Please report and if you had an issue with rc1
>> which is still not fixed there (or in git) please raise it ASAP.
>> I'm planning for the final release early Tuesday 2 morning (i.e.
>> late Monday for most :-)
>>
>> Daniel
>>
> Hi Daniel,
> I met some memory leaks and invalid read error when I run 'make -C tests
> valgrind',
> they may be test cases itself issue, the attachment is a log, please check
> it.

The invalid reads by __strspn_sse42 and __strspn_sse42 are actually
bugs in glibc where it uses optimized code on too short strings.
Nothing we could fix from the libvirt side.

I've send a patch form the memory leak

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2011-August/msg00003.html

--
Matthias Bolte