[libvirt] Curl/HTTP block device

Radek Hladik radek at eadresa.cz
Fri Aug 12 10:31:42 UTC 2011

Hi,
	I've noticed newer version of curl in last qemu changelog. It seems
that its needed for curl block device. Unfortunatelly, I was not able to
find out more. I tried to look into qemu source code and to some patches
but I am not much wiser.
	As I understand it, qemu could be able to use a curl compatible URL as
block device. Probably only in readonly mode but it still would be very
usefull for i.e. ISO images.
	Can anyone point me in the right direction and more importantly, is
this feature available via Libvirt?
	I checked the documentation on libvirt.org and it seems that remode
disk can be only nbd/rbd/sheepdog.

Radek