Re: [libvirt] Curl/HTTP block device

On 08/12/2011 04:31 AM, Radek Hladik wrote:
Hi,
I've noticed newer version of curl in last qemu changelog. It seems that
its needed for curl block device. Unfortunatelly, I was not able to find
out more. I tried to look into qemu source code and to some patches but
I am not much wiser.
As I understand it, qemu could be able to use a curl compatible URL as
block device. Probably only in readonly mode but it still would be very
usefull for i.e. ISO images.
Can anyone point me in the right direction and more importantly, is this
feature available via Libvirt?

I believe you are correct that curl block devices are not yet supported in libvirt, but patches would be welcome.