[libvirt] [virt-tools-list] Fwd: virt-manager, dependency question

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Aug 22 16:32:30 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 09:19:11AM -0700, Jason Helfman wrote:
> Can anyone please confirm this for me?

Gnome 1 is pretty unlikely.  I don't think any of those
packages are even in Fedora.

Here is the dependency list for virt-manager in a recent Fedora:

/bin/sh
GConf2
dbus-python >= 0.61
dbus-x11
desktop-file-utils
gnome-keyring >= 0.4.9
gnome-python2-gconf >= 1.99.11-7
gnome-python2-gnomekeyring >= 2.15.4
gtk-vnc-python >= 0.3.8
libvirt-python >= 0.7.0
libxml2-python >= 2.6.23
pygtk2 >= 1.99.12-6
pygtk2-libglade
python-virtinst >= 0.600.0
scrollkeeper
spice-gtk-python
virt-manager-common = 0.9.0-5.fc16
vte >= 0.12.2

But remember this is a "full fat" virt-manager.  You can get away with
fewer features.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top