[libvirt] In freeze for libvirt-0.9.8 and availability of rc2

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Mon Dec 5 16:25:40 UTC 2011

On 12/04/2011 02:26 AM, Peter Krempa wrote:
> I tried building rc2 on my macbook and build was successful, but I've
> got a warning on each file built:
>
> cc1: warning: command line option "-Wabi" is valid for C++/ObjC++ but
> not for C
> cc1: warning: command line option "-Wdeprecated" is valid for C++/ObjC++
> but not for C

This is a known (and harmless) issue with the gnulib 'manywarnings'
module, and only triggers with older versions of gcc.  It will probably
be resolved in gnulib in time for libvirt 0.9.9, but I don't see us
doing anything about it for now (if you don't want the warning, then
don't use --enable-compile-warnings with ./autogen.sh or ./configure).