Re: [libvirt] Build issue with libvirt 0.9.8

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 09, 2011 at 11:18:48AM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> There is something odd about the way it is being built:

> The combination of these 3 sets of messages, makes me think you have
> confused libtool into linking to the old binary
>
> What arguments are you passing to 'configure' and what if any variables
> are you passing to 'make install' ?

Yes, jhbuild is being a bit convoluted when building things, it uses
./configure --prefix $prefix ..., but then it does a
make install DESTDIR=$prefix/_jhbuild (or something like this), and
then it moves the files to the right place in $prefix after cleaning up the
old version of the library that might be there. I just tried without
using jhbuild to build libvirt, but just the tarballs, and I can reproduce
when using make install DESTDIR=... and then cleaning $prefix from libvirt
libs, and then copying what's in DESTDIR to $prefix. Not sure it's worth
spending a lot of time on this convoluted scenario :)

Christophe