[libvirt] Virtio Ballon driver problem

Pankaj Rawat pankaj.rawat at nechclst.in
Mon Dec 12 03:42:34 UTC 2011

Well the process which get killed is the process running on guest trying
to use memory , It is a simple c program having malloc function to do
the memory requirement thing(Tested and working)
The memory given to the guest is 400MB which is less then the maximum
memory as specified rest of memory is with ballon

Now the virsh setmem command is correctly working but this has to be
done manually . Didn't the documentation said that this is a dynamic
process So each time a guest is running out of memory the host will
fetch some memory from its own or other guest memory pages and give it
to the guest which is running out of memory. Well I don't see that
happening , instead of allocating more memory to guest VM . It is
killing the process which is requesting more memory.
Can you help how can I achieve such dynamic behavior from the ballon
driver so that I don't have to run command manually In order to get more
memory ??