Re: [libvirt] FW: macvtap not working on rhel 6.1 x86 machine

Hi,
Can you please tell me what step iam missing?

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerhard Stenzel [mailto:gstenzel linux vnet ibm com]
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:03 PM
To: Amit Tewari
Cc: libvir-list redhat com
Subject: RE: [libvirt] FW: macvtap not working on rhel 6.1 x86 machine

On Thu, 2011-12-15 at 15:54 +0530, Amit Tewari wrote:
> hi,
>
> i want the kvm guest machine to connect to network using macvtap..
> I tried this vepa mode it is also not working.

where is your DHCP server? On the network or on your host?

> eth0 has same mac address as that of macvatap0 that is  52:54:00:55:AE:B5

this is correct. The mac address of eth0 in the guest is the same as
that of the macvtap device of the host.

> due to this guest is not able to get dhcp address nor static ip address is working.

it works for me. I am on 6.2 now, but this worked on 6.1 as well.

--
Best regards,

Gerhard Stenzel,
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen

DISCLAIMER:
intended
for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or NECHCL or its
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the
opinions of NECHCL or its affiliates.
distribution and / or publication of
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited. If you have
immediately. .