[libvirt] Using virtEvents in macvtap setup code

Hi all,

I'm trying to get libvirt to re-associate lost connections when a vepa connection
is lost due to a switch error, or lldpad restart.

My take was to use the virtEvent infrastructure to poll for messages on a netlink socket and then restart the association if the message indicates that a link came
back up.

I ran into a problem, that if I start the polling netlink event from the daemon thread I would get the file events an the netlink messages, but I cannot configure the event handler because the rpc client threads and the daemon do not share the
same address space.

Is there a way to get file events in the VMs setup code so I can register a callback at VM initialization time to receive netlink messages and restart association if needed ?

Best regards,

D.Herrendoerfer <herrend at de dot ibm dot com > <d.herrendoerfer at herrendoerfer dot name>