Re: [libvirt] Live migration using virsh

On 05/02/2011, at 7:04 PM, rajalakshmi wrote:
> Sir,
> I am working in cloud environment and i have set up a private cloud using eucalyptus. I am trying to migrate virtual machines within the cloud using virsh migrate command. I could successfully implement it but when i wanted to know the method used to do live migration. I tried to interpret the code. I also saw that they are setting a flag initially if it is live migration and then assigning 1 to variable live. and i also could find that xenDomainMigratePrepare is calling xend_op which in turn is calling xend_op_ext. But i could'n understand the method of migration. Can you please explain the logic?

As a thought, in case you don't get a timely answer here, have you also
asked on the Eucalyptus forums?

  http://open.eucalyptus.com/forum

Just thinking there will be more people who know about how Eucalyptus does
things there. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift