[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[libvirt] [PATCH libvirt-site v2] Add information about libvirt-php new location [was Change PHP binding link to new one hosted on libvirt.org]
- From: Michal Novotny <minovotn redhat com>
- To: libvir-list redhat com
- Cc: Michal Novotny <minovotn redhat com>
- Subject: [libvirt] [PATCH libvirt-site v2] Add information about libvirt-php new location [was Change PHP binding link to new one hosted on libvirt.org]
- Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 19:45:40 +0100
Signed-off-by: Michal Novotny <minovotn redhat com>
docs/bindings.html.in | 8 +++---
docs/php.html.in | 57 ++----------------------------------------------
2 files changed, 7 insertions(+), 58 deletions(-)
diff --git a/docs/bindings.html.in b/docs/bindings.html.in
index 87d894d..2d936a0 100644
@@ -28,16 +28,16 @@
<strong>PHP</strong>: Radek Hladik started developing
- <a href="http://phplibvirt.cybersales.cz/">PHP bindings</a> in 2010.
+ <a href="http://libvirt.org/php">PHP bindings</a> in 2010.
- In February 2011 the binding development has been moved to the
- <a href="http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt-php.git;a=summary">libvirt.org as libvirt-php project</a>.
+ In February 2011 the binding development has been moved to the libvirt.org website as
+ libvirt-php project.
The project is now maintained by Michal Novotny and it's heavily based
on Radek's version. For more information including the information on posting
- the patches you to libvirt-php please refer to <a href="php.html">PHP binding page</a>.
+ the patches you to libvirt-php please refer to <a href="http://libvirt.org/php">PHP binding</a>.
diff --git a/docs/php.html.in b/docs/php.html.in
index ea4f76a..5283e67 100644
@@ -24,60 +24,9 @@ It can also be browsed at
-<p>The code is using autotools to generate the files necessary for compilation. The preferred way of building is
- to run autogen.sh to generate configure script and then go on with the standard linux make commands, i.e.</p>
-$ cd libvirt-php
-<h2>Enabling the module in PHP</h2>
-<p>Before you start using the module you have to install the module first. The module
-php_libvirt.so is being generated when you compile it. This is necessary to be loaded
-in the extensions sections of php.ini file for PHP version older than PHP-5.</p>
-Starting with PHP-5 you can create a file called libvirt.ini in /etc/php.d having just
-one line <code>extension=php_libvirt.so</code> to enable the extension. Of course, you
-need to have this module copied in the directory with the rest of your PHP modules to
-make PHP find the module for you.</p>
-If you're using PHP as a module (mod_php5.so) in the Apache webserver you need to
-restart your Apache to trigger configuration reload for PHP.
-If you're not sure that you have everything set up right and you don't want to restart
-your Apache webserver before you're sure everything will be working fine you could try
-running the test using cli-based PHP interpreter. There are some example scripts coming
-along the source codes in the <code>example</code> subdirectory so you can try to run
-php on the index.php script to check whether it's working fine to establish connection or not.
-When you're having some issues with the connection make sure the apache user is having
-access to libvirt. For more information please see <a href="auth.html">Libvirt access control</a> page.
-If you would like to contribute to the libvirt-php project you could write patches for it but please
-make sure you're following the procedure below:
- <li>Sign up to libvirt list if you're not on it yet (libvir-list redhat com)</li>
- <li>Clone the repository from libvirt.org site using:
- <pre>git clone git://libvirt.org/libvirt-php</pre>
- <li>Set your git username and e-mail and also set the subject prefix in the project's repository using:
- <pre>git config --local format.subjectprefix "libvirt-php"</pre>
- <li>Create the patch in the form of the commits and include also information about usage (example source codes maybe) and testing</li>
- <li>Format it using <code>git format-patch -X</code> where X is the number of patch parts to be posted, for multipart patch (X is greater than 1) please use also numbering (-n) option and include the cover-letter (--cover-letter).</li>
- <li>Send to libvir-list redhat com using the <code>git send-email <files> --to libvir-list redhat com</code> command where <files> can be <i>000*</i> to send all the patches formatted by git format-patch since git format-patch names the files starting with the 4 digit numbers.</li>
-When you send the patch you're patch will be reviewed and later committed to the libvirt-php repository. You'll be contacted in case some flaws are found during the review.
+<p>Since February 2011 the project have it's own pages hosted at libvirt.org. For more information on the project
+ please refer to <a href="http://libvirt.org/php">http://libvirt.org/php</a>.
[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next]