Re: [libvirt] [libvirt-php 2/2] Added libvirt-php.obs.spec

On 02/15/2011 01:42 PM, Lyre wrote:

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 7:48 PM, Justin Clift <jclift redhat com <mailto:jclift redhat com>> wrote:

    On 15/02/2011, at 10:35 PM, Lyre wrote:
    <snip>
    > The problem was, I'm not quite sure what to do with this spec file.
    >
    > Currently, It may be better to name the spec file libvirt-php.spec.
    >
    > This spec file contains many if...else for compatibility, some
    macros such as %{php_zend_api} are not acceptable in SLES. The
    original php-libvirt.spec may be preferred for Fedora.

    > At last, I intend to use the openSuSE Build Service for easier
    deployment. It will be easier for me to maintain this file if it
    is rejected.

    How similar are the spec files?

    Lyre, you mention that one of them uses if...else statements to
    make it work in SLES and non-SLES.  Maybe it would be possible to
    merge the Fedora one into that, so a single spec file works on both?

    If not, could they be renamed so there's minimal confusion?
     Something like this:

     libvirt-php.SUSE.spec   (SLES, OpenSUSE, ?)
     libvirt-php.RedHat.spec (RHEL, Fedora, CentOS, ?)

    (they're just suggestions, up to you guys)

    Regards and best wishes,

    Justin Clift

In fact, the spec files are quite similar. The new spec is also suitable for Fedora.

BTW, it is my first time to be involved in an opensource project. Maybe I've been accustom to that someone will make decision, not me. It seems that I should make the decsion now, and I'll try to merge them.

Well, if those files are that similar please try to merge them into the one spec file but please test it's working fine on all of the systems mentioned above first.

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Novotny<minovotn redhat com>, RHCE
Virtualization Team (xen userspace), Red Hat