Re: [libvirt] [libvirt-php] About the inconsistency in libvirt-php

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 12:12:03PM +0800, Lyre wrote:
  WARNING: In previous releases of libvirt-php, the function
           was returning the wrong kind of information.  It *should* have
been showing all
           persistent domains, both active and inactive.  However it was
instead showing
           just inactive domains.

Hi justin, Is there a way to list the "defined/persistent" domains in
virConenctListDefinedDomains() doesn't behavior like that.

I'm really amazed, the behavior of "defined" in libvirt development guide
seems to be equivalent to "inactive".
There are two types of guest

  - Persistent: This has a config file on disk. It will appear
    either in the ListDefinedDomains or ListDomains, depending
    on whether it is currently running
  - Transient: This has *no* config on disk. It will only appear
    in ListDomains and will disappear completely when it is

Every inactive domain is thus a persistent domain. A running domain can
be either transient or persistent. There is a virDomainIsPersistent()
API to distinguish them.

That's what I was thinking Daniel. Thanks for clarification. I didn't know about virDomainIsPersistent() API but it could be useful.

Thanks for your reply,

Michal Novotny<minovotn redhat com>, RHCE
Virtualization Team (xen userspace), Red Hat