[libvirt] I need help for use virDomainInterfaceStats

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Wed Feb 23 15:56:08 UTC 2011

On 02/22/2011 10:12 AM, Фёдор Пранович wrote:
> Hi I want use the virDomainInterfaceStats for get statistic of domain,
> but I don't now how get path parametr.
> Please help me!

The path argument in virDomainInterfaceStats() is intended to be the
name of the tap interface on the host that's used to connect the guest
to the network, eg "vnet0".

You can find this name by retrieving the XML for the active domain, and
looking for <target dev='xxx'/> in each <interface> element - the 'xxx'
is the tap interface name, and should be put in the path arg when
calling virDomainInterfaceStats().