[libvirt] Best final spot for the in depth libvirt user docs?

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Wed Jan 12 13:38:28 UTC 2011

On 13/01/2011, at 12:32 AM, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 11:36:55PM +1100, Justin Clift wrote:
>> Hi Richard,
>>
>> Tidying things up in regards to some of the documentation, and it's probably time
>> to move the in depth content from the libvirt.org wiki, to it's final resting spot(s?).
>>
>> Do you reckon these would be better moved to the virt-tools.org site, or the
>> libvirt.org site?
>>
>>  SSH Setup (concepts, tasks, further reading)
>>  http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/SSHSetup
>>
>>  SSH Setup with PolicyKit (tasks and further reading)
>>  http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/SSHPolicyKitSetup
>>
>>  TLS Setup (concepts, tasks, further reading)
>>  http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/TLSSetup
>>
>>  VNC TLS Setup (tasks)
>>  http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/VNCTLSSetup
>>
>>  Virtual Networking (concepts)
>>  http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/VirtualNetworking
>>

>> Possibly this one too, but it's not 100% yet, and doesn't have matching ones
>> for the other Virtual Networking modes (Routed and Isolated):
>>
>>  NAT Virtual Network setup with Virt-Manager (tasks)
>>  http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/TaskNATSetupVirtManager
>
> You're more than welcome to put them on the virt-tools.org site, but
> I wonder what the problem is with leaving them where they are now?

Daniel Veillard's (strong?) preference was to not have them in the wiki as a final
destination spot.

Remembering it more now, I think the point was to have them transferred to the
libvirt.org site, so they're in the download tarball.  Which kind of makes my question
redundant. ;)

DV, what's your thinking on this atm?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift