Re: [libvirt] build failure on ubuntu

On 01/14/2011 02:56 AM, Matthias Bolte wrote:
> 2011/1/14 Eric Blake <eblake redhat com>:
>> I haven't looked into this closely yet, but Daniel's security
>> refactoring broke the Ubuntu 'make check' build when apparmor is enabled:
>>
>>  CC     secaatest.o
>> secaatest.c: In function 'main':
>> secaatest.c:18: error: implicit declaration of function
>> 'virSecurityDriverStartup' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
>
> As part of Dan's security driver refactoring (commit d6623003) he also
> updated seclabeltest.c as this one was meant for the SELinux security
> driver. secaatest.c was meant for the AppArmor driver that probably
> isn't enabled on his computer, so he didn't notice the problem here.

In fact, SELinux and AppArmor appear to be mutually exclusive; I don't
know of any distro that provides both security approaches side-by-side
for installation on the same system.

> As seclabeltest and secaatest only test for a non-NULL model and DOI
> string, I wonder if we should just remove secaatest and make
> seclabeltest unconditional as we have a dummy security driver in place
> now, when SELinux and AppArmor are disabled.

Anything we can do to break the test dependency on having a particular
security system already in place seems good to me.