[libvirt] l10n/i18n ~ po files and their cycle

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Tue Jan 25 21:00:49 UTC 2011

On 01/25/2011 03:17 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
> On 01/25/2011 11:45 AM, Zdenek Styblik wrote:
>
>> I doubt anybody is using Czech translation for libvirt and to be honest,
>> I would be enormously surprised if someone, anyone, did.
> One thing I've learned about i18n is to never be surprised at who is
> using a particular translation.  I'm sure that someone is using it, or
> there wouldn't have been a push to provide the translation file for
> inclusion in a libvirt release in the first place.

And in particular, I know of at least one rather large Open Source
software company that has a sizable development office in Brno (in the
Czech Republic, for those who don't know) ;-)

(My guess would be that many of those people use the English version,
but I'm sure they take it as a matter of personal pride to have as much
of the system as possible available in their native language.)