[libvirt] callback question

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Jan 31 11:43:10 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 12:16:24PM +0100, arnaud.champion at devatom.fr wrote:
> ?Hi,
>
> Something I need to understant about callbacks:
>
> if I install 2 callback via DomainEventRegisterAny (lifecycle
> for the first and graphics for the second for example), am I
> right if I said that the AddHandleFunc should be called 2 times ?

No, there is no direct relationship between the number of
calls to DomainEventRegister* and AddHandleFunc. In the
current impl we only call AddHandleFunc once per virConnect
object, but again that isn't guarenteed - different libvirt
drivers will invoke AddHandleFunc / AddTimeoutFunc a different
number of times, as is most suitable for their precise needs.