Re: [libvirt] Raising events for testing

On 01/30/2011 05:21 AM, arnaud champion devatom fr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One thing I need to understand, in the callback python or c samples, the
> fileDescriptor is on a socket or on a pipe ?

Libvirt uses gnulib to guarantee that poll() works on file descriptors;
all socket operations are magically mapped by gnulib to behave like file
descriptors, so that you don't have to worry about the (less-useful)
restrictions of windows poll() only working on sockets.

>> Okay I have understand the use and mean of poll (pollfd...
>> bla...bla...bla...)
>> I have also discover that there is no Win32 equivalent which work with
>> a file descriptor (unix way...).

There is - it involves using gnulib.  But that is only for C and C++ - I
have no idea how this translates over to C#.