[libvirt] Strange failure of commandtest when doing F15 build

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Wed Jul 6 14:12:18 UTC 2011

On 07/05/2011 10:49 PM, Laine Stump wrote:
> 5) koji build --scratch dist-f15 libvirt-0.8.8-4.test.fc15.src.rpm
>

> This build also failed. The results are here:
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=3182099
>
> (search for "... FAIL")
>
> So it appears that some other package on the build machine has been
> updated, and it's causing most of the tests in commandtest to fail.
> Unfortunately, even when debugging is turned on the tests don't say
> anything about why they failed.
>
> Any ideas?

Yep - we figured it out on IRC.  Commit f0e9dfe (not present in 0.8.8)
fixed commandtest to use its own processgroup; my guess is that the
fedora build farm used to run things such that the test happened to
pass, but recently changed to where a new process group is created by
the builder, which in turn reflected to a test failure unless
commandtest is made more robust.