[libvirt] Fix cygwin build

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Tue Mar 8 15:12:31 UTC 2011

On 03/08/2011 01:07 AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   In virLogEmergencyDumpAll I was using SIGBUS and SIGUSR2, and
> apparently they arent; defined on cygwin signal.h header.

Huh?  Cygwin has all 32 traditional Unix signals, including SIGBUS and
SIGUSR2; it's only flaw is that it lacks the POSIX-required minimum of 8
real-time signals (on cygwin, SIGRTMIN==SIGRTMAX).  To my knowledge,
mingw is the only modern porting target that lacks signals not required
by C99.

> I decided to
> make the code conditional for all of them and not just those two for
> portability sake. I resisted doing this on the daemon side because as
> far as I know we don't compile it on WIN32. So I just pushed the
> following under the build breaking rule,

Well, it does fix mingw; so it was only the subject line that was
misleading.  :)