[libvirt] Question about PHP licencing for libvirt-php (php-libvirt for Fedora)

Michal Novotny minovotn at redhat.com
Wed Mar 9 17:05:22 UTC 2011

Hi,
I don't know who's the right person to ask so I'm posting this into the
libvir-list. We're going to have the libvirt-php package in Fedora (but
renamed to php-libvirt only) but I don't know about the licencing. The
licence in the SPEC file (by Lyre) is set to "PHP" however the licence
file describes the GPL licence.

My question is whether somebody does know whether it's OK to write a PHP
extension under GPL licence or whether we need the PHP licence for this.

Anybody knows?

Thanks a lot for your reply,
Michal

--
Michal Novotny<minovotn at redhat.com>, RHCE
Virtualization Team (xen userspace), Red Hat