[libvirt] Entering 0.9.0 freeze week, RC1 version to test

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 28 07:52:12 UTC 2011

2011/3/28 Daniel Veillard <veillard at redhat.com>:
>  Okay, I pushed new localization updates around and generated a
> first release candidate build for 0.9.0 at:
>
>  ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/libvirt-0.9.0-rc1.tar.gz
>
> I will regenerate a rc2 as soon as Eric pending patch queue and
> outgoing fd patches are in as I think they should really make 0.9.0
> There may be more infrastrcucture patches from Dan too, I'm unsure
> and as usual pushing bug fixes are okay too,
>
>  thanks for giving it a try, it seems to work fine here at least
> for basic tasks,
>
> Daniel

Tested on mingw, and found some problems:

virCommandAbort uses WNOHANG for waitpid and kill. Those are not
available resulting in compile errors. A simple workaround would be to
conditionally compile virCommandAbort as it is currently not used in
actual code.

The problem with virsh and the poll-based event loop reported before
[1] is still there. A simple workaround would be to disable the event
loop initialization on mingw.

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2011-March/msg00649.html

Matthias