[libvirt] [RFC] Add flag for virsh undefine to remove/wipe the disk devices

Osier Yang jyang at redhat.com
Thu Mar 31 08:04:36 UTC 2011

于 2011年03月30日 23:56, Jean-Baptiste Rouault 写道:
> On Wednesday 30 March 2011 17:23:51 Osier Yang wrote:
>> Yes, actually I also prefer to add new flag to API, but not in
>> virsh instead, however, adding new flag argument is not workable,
>> how about introduce a new API, something like "virDomainUndefineFlag"?
>
> I wanted to suggest something similar because I'm annoyed that
> calling undefine on an OpenVZ domain destroys the container private area...

Hi, Jean

Could you explain more? Wanna known if can do it incidentally, though
I'm guessing it's caused by openvz driver destroying the private
area internally, something like "vzctl --destroy". If it's right
for your meaning, then IMHO we can't introduce new flag for this,
as it's only openvz driver specificly.

Regards
Osier