Re: [libvirt] Support for more than 32 virtio devices

On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 08:09:07AM -0700, Badari Pulavarty wrote:
Hi,

How can I make use of "multifunction" functionality to support
more than 32 virtio devices in QEMU through libvirt ?

It isn't supported because it doesn't work with hotplug.

And to be clear, on the QEMU side, we really need to have a high level modelling of a multifunction device. So the following should be possible:

-device virtio-blk-pci,ports=4,drive0=hda,drive1=hdb,drive2=hdc,...

Then libvirt could add/remove all ports in a single operation.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Are there corresponding changes in libvirt ?

To increase the number of devices in a usable manner, we we're waiting
for QEMU to support either

  - A virtio block controller with multiple disks
  - A PCI bridge to allow>  28 PCI devices