[libvirt] Allow hvsupport.html.in to be auto-generated

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon May 16 09:41:52 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 02:36:55PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> The hvsupport.html.in file is constantly out of date, because when
> updating the drivers to add new APIs, people often (always) forget
> to update the hvsupport.html.in file.
>
> To solve this we can instead store version number annotations in
> the drivers themselves, so it is not easily missed. Then the
> hvsupport.html.in file can be auto-generated

In libguestfs we generate the equivalent information entirely
automatically.  See:

http://git.annexia.org/?p=libguestfs.git;a=tree;f=src/api-support;hb=HEAD
http://git.annexia.org/?p=libguestfs.git;a=blob;f=src/api-support/update-from-tarballs.sh;hb=HEAD

It requires access to a directory containing all the
{libguestfs|libvirt} tarballs from every released version.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v