[libvirt] libvirt.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

YAO yffbrave at gmail.com
Tue May 24 06:42:41 UTC 2011

Hi,
I cloned the latest libvirt from git and compiled as follows:
cd libvirt
./autogen.sh
make
sudo make install

when installing, it reported "*/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `./xxx.html':
No such file or directory*", is that normal?
after install completed, I typed virsh, it showed:
"*virsh: error while loading shared libraries: libvirt.so.0: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory*", how to fix it?
I found libvirt.so.0 in /usr/local/lib, but why virsh can't find it?
the same problem happens on /usr/local/sbin/libvirtd, it can't find
libvirt-qemu.so.0 which is also located in /usr/local/lib.

So, what's the general procedure to make git version work?