Re: [libvirt] libvirt.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

2011/5/24 YAO <yffbrave gmail com>:
> Hi,
> I cloned the latest libvirt from git and compiled as follows:
> cd libvirt
> ./autogen.sh
> make
> sudo make install
> when installing, it reported "/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `./xxx.html': No
> such file or directory", is that normal?

You are probably missing some of the required tools for docs generator
like xstlproc or xmllint or the xhtml1 dtd files.

> after install completed, I typed virsh, it showed:
> "virsh: error while loading shared libraries: libvirt.so.0: cannot open
> shared object file: No such file or directory", how to fix it?
> I found libvirt.so.0 in /usr/local/lib, but why virsh can't find it?
> the same problem happens on /usr/local/sbin/libvirtd, it can't find
> libvirt-qemu.so.0 which is also located in /usr/local/lib.
> So, what's the general procedure to make git version work?

Is this the first thing that got installed under /usr/local? You might
need to update the ld cache by running ldconfig.

Matthias