[libvirt] client hang in virDomainCreateXML

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Nov 1 14:21:44 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 10:59:39AM +0800, Jiff Shen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are using Ubuntu 10.04 eucalyptus 1.6.2 and libvirt 0.7.5. We found
> eucalyptus-nc sometimes hangs in virDomainCreateXML, and never gets
> response from libvirtd.
> After 2 days of investigation, I found there is another libvirt client
> connects to libvirtd 'qemu:///system', which is the same URI as
> eucalyptus-nc. The bug never shows after I disabled the client.
>
> My question is:
> 1, can I have multiple clients connect to qemu:///system?

Yes, since 0.6.0 we support concurrent connections, however, there
have been releases where this is buggy. Also one thread may still
block another thread if it holds a lock for a long time.

> 2, is this an bug in libvirt and has it been fixed?

I can't remember an specific bug in that libvirt release, but it
is quite old now. You might consider trying a newer libvirt.