Re: [libvirt] sVirt support for LXC?

On 11/02/2011 10:37 AM, Dong-In David Kang wrote:

Replying to a random previous message, even if you change the subject line, doesn't create a new thread. Your message got buried in an existing thread, making it harder to find; in the future, it is better to start a new thread via a fresh email rather than replying to an existing mail.

  Is it planned to support sVirt for LXC?

Eventually. It's a work in progress, and tracking this mailing list you will see as it improves.

I know the current libvirt does not support sVirt for LXC.
I found that a branch at https://gitorious.org/~berrange/libvirt/staging/commits/lxc-svirt seems to support sVirt for LXC.

Yes, that's Daniel's staging area as he works on improving the situation.

I downloaded the tar file and overwrite libvirt-0.9.6 with the branch.

Not recommended. Running a staging area patch is rather risky, and it's better to wait for it to hit upstream libvirt.git first, especially if you want support from this list.