[libvirt] Start of freeze for libvirt-0.9.7 and availability of rc1

Guido Günther agx at sigxcpu.org
Wed Nov 2 18:57:13 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 05:51:55PM +0800, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   We are now entering the freeze for libvirt-0.9.7 .
> We may make an exception for patch set which got a few round of reviews
> though, like Stefan's ones (v4 IIRC), and anything which we know may
> need fixing in the API before the release.
>
> I have made a release candidate 1 tarball (and associated rpms) at
>    ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/libvirt-0.9.7-rc1.tar.gz
>
> I think I will make an rc2 on Wed or Thu and then try to
> make the release around Friday of the end of the week if things
> looks good.
>
>   Please give it a try !
Built fine on most Debian architectures:

	https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=libvirt&suite=experimental

The built failure on amd64 is due to virnetsockettest failing with:

 5) Socket UNIX Accept... libvir: RPC error : Path /build/buildd-libvirt_0.9.7~rc1-1-amd64-EGXZTE/libvirt-0.9.7~rc1/debian/build/tests/virnetsockettest-test.sock too long for unix socket: Cannot allocate memory

since the socket path doesn't fit in UNIX_PATH_MAX. Since exceeding the
path shouldn't't be fatal I'm using the attached patch.
Cheers,
 -- Guido