[libvirt] can't start domain with a corrupted disk attatched

lvroyce lvroyce at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Nov 3 09:33:56 UTC 2011

Hi all,

    I came across below issue when testing:

    1.make a volume and attach it to  a domain A
    2.unplug the vg from the host in order to emulating a volume failure
    3.start domain A(failed)

     In step 3 can't start domainA . because can't find disk listed in
xml when create the Domain.

     I'm not sure if it is reasonable. In common sense, we can still
start our system even if we have a corrupt data disk .And also ,if in
data center we carelessly attatch a corrupt volumn to all the guest, it
will result in all guests fail to boot .

     I suggest to  automatically detach a disk if it can't be found and
just give out a warning.Please let me know your opinion about if it is a
bug or a feature.Thanks.