Re: [libvirt] "make rpm" failing with git head on RHEL6

On 11/08/2011 02:37 AM, Justin Clift wrote:

Found the problem with the NEWS file.  It's because libxslt wasn't installed.

Should we be adding libxslt as a maintainer's prereq in bootstrap.conf?

That is, I think bootstrap.conf should require all packages necessary to create a functional tarball from libvirt.git, even if those packages are _not_ required to successfully build an already-available tarball.

Still haven't found out the problem with probes.h though.  Now looking at
that again.

On 11/08/2011 01:58 AM, Wen Congyang wrote:
> I think you do not install this package: systemtap-sdt-devel.

So that sounds like systemtap is another maintainer prereq.

On 11/08/2011 04:44 AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 08, 2011 at 04:33:15PM +0800, Wenyi Gao wrote:
>> I got the latest code and build it with following error on Ubuntu 11.10:

>> Validating api.html
>> warning: failed to load external entity "api.html.tmp"

>    Try to get xsltproc and xmllint tools, they are in libxml2 and
> libxslt packages, dunno the exact name in Debian/Ubuntu, possibly
> some -bin package.

Sounds like xmllint should be yet another maintainer prereq in bootstrap.conf.