Re: [libvirt] [Qemu-devel] qemu and qemu.git -> Migration + disk stress introduces qcow2 corruptions

Am 10.11.2011 22:30, schrieb Anthony Liguori:
> Live migration with qcow2 or any other image format is just not going to work
> right now even with proper clustered storage.  I think doing a block level flush
> cache interface and letting block devices decide how to do it is the best approach.

I would really prefer reusing the existing open/close code. It means
less (duplicated) code, is existing code that is well tested and doesn't
make migration much of a special case.

If you want to avoid reopening the file on the OS level, we can reopen
only the topmost layer (i.e. the format, but not the protocol) for now
and in 1.1 we can use bdrv_reopen().

Kevin