Re: [libvirt] [Qemu-devel] qemu and qemu.git -> Migration + disk stress introduces qcow2 corruptions

On 11/11/2011 08:44 AM, Kevin Wolf wrote:
Am 11.11.2011 15:35, schrieb Anthony Liguori:
This is not a bug fix, this is a new feature.  We're long past feature freeze.
It's not a simple and obvious fix either.  It only partially fixes the problem
and introduces other problems.  It's not a good candidate for making an
exception at this stage in the release.

[1] http://mid.gmane.org/cover 1294150511 git quintela redhat com

Then please send a fix that fails migration with non-raw images. Not
breaking images silently during migration is critical for 1.0, IMO.

I sent a quick series. If you want to do things different for the blocker layer like add a field to BlockDriver to indicate whether migration is supported and register the blocker in the core code, feel free to do that.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Kevin