[libvirt] New feature for libvirt

Stefan Berger stefanb at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Nov 17 15:14:27 UTC 2011

On 11/17/2011 02:04 AM, Amit Tewari wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to suggest a new feature development in libvirt network filter.
>
> Currently in libvirt network filter there is no support for ip
> aliasing, but we want to add this feature so that libvirt learns
> multiple ip address for a virtual machine.

Great. David Stevens's patches tries to address exactly this issue by
learning from DHCP requests a VM is sending. I am currently morphing the
network filtering subsystem to be able to cope with multiple IP
addresses per interface (lists of items). I hope we will be able to
provide this functionality within 0.9.8 timeframe...

    Stefan