[libvirt] RPM build failure on Redhat6

Wayne Xia xiawenc at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Oct 11 08:07:22 UTC 2011

于 2011-10-1 5:08, Eric Blake 写道:
> On 09/28/2011 10:48 PM, Wayne Xia wrote:
>> Hi, I want to build rpm for latest libvit version on Redhat6, but when
>> I type:
>> ./autogen.sh --system
>> make rpm -j4
>>
>> error happens:
>>
>> sitemap.html.tmp index.html.tmp archdomain.html.tmp downloads.html.tmp
>> auth.html.tmp internals/locking.html.tmp archnode.html.tmp
>> hvsupport.html.tmp bugs.html.tmp java.html.tmp locking.html.tmp
>> logging.html.tmp testapi.html.tmp formatnetwork.html.tmp
>> bindings.html.tmp uri.html.tmp drvtest.html.tmp contact.html.tmp
>> formatnwfilter.html.tmp intro.html.tmp drvxen.html.tmp drvesx.html.tmp
>> drvqemu.html.tmp drvvmware.html.tmp testsuites.html.tmp
>> devguide.html.tmp firewall.html.tmp architecture.html.tmp todo.html.tmp
>> formatsnapshot.html.tmp formatstorage.html.tmp deployment.html.tmp
>> internals.html.tmp api_extension.html.tmp drvuml.html.tmp
>> virshcmdref.html.tmp csharp.html.tmp python.html.tmp drvremote.html.tmp
>> archstorage.html.tmp remote.html.tmp drivers.html.tmp formatnode.html.tmp
>> make[2]: Leaving directory
>> `/home/xiawenc/WorkDir/Source/libvirt/libvirt/docs'
>> make[1]: *** [distdir] Error 1
>
> That's not the actual error (which happened several lines before where
> you started pasting).
>
> I'm not sure what's going on, but I will add that I have sometimes seen
> a 'make -j2' failure when the makefile gets to the point of generating
> todo.html. I'm not sure where the missing make dependency is, but
> hopefully next time someone sees it, and accurately reports it, we can
> patch docs/Makefile.am to avoid these parallel make problems.
>
> In the meantime, 'make -C docs' without -j should get you past this issue.

Thanks for the information. I tried to use command make rpm and make -C
docs, but it did not work, some error pops like following:

  make[2]: Entering directory
`/home/xiawenc/WorkDir/Source/libvirt/libvirt/docs'
Generating api.html.tmp
missing XHTML1 DTD
Generating api_extension.html.tmp
missing XHTML1 DTD

complete records after command "make rpm" is in the attachment, I am not
sure how to find the clue to solve the problem.

--
Best Regards

Wayne Xia
mail:xiawenc at linux.vnet.ibm.com