Re: [libvirt] Compiler warnings

On 10/17/2011 10:17 AM, Alex Jia wrote:
Eric,
It's latest libvirt upstream, current commit id is commit 0a71c79.

# rpm -q glibc
glibc-2.12-1.42.el6.x86_64

430         if (strchr(toescape, *cur))

     CC     libvirt_util_la-buf.lo
util/buf.c: In function 'virBufferEscape':
util/buf.c:430: warning: logical '&&' with non-zero constant will always
evaluate as true [-Wlogical-op]

Something's screwy. There's no && in that line, unless strchr() is a macro based on your particular compilation flags. I'm suspecting that this is a case of -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE going awry. I don't see how this could possibly be a libvirt issue; more likely, it is an issue with the choice of compiler flags you are using, coupled with an issue in the system headers causing the preprocessor to expand strchr() into something that tickles a spurious gcc warning.