Re: [libvirt] Compiler warnings

On 10/17/2011 11:03 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
On 10/17/2011 10:17 AM, Alex Jia wrote:
Eric,
It's latest libvirt upstream, current commit id is commit 0a71c79.

# rpm -q glibc
glibc-2.12-1.42.el6.x86_64

430 if (strchr(toescape, *cur))

CC libvirt_util_la-buf.lo
util/buf.c: In function 'virBufferEscape':
util/buf.c:430: warning: logical '&&' with non-zero constant will
always
evaluate as true [-Wlogical-op]

Something's screwy. There's no && in that line, unless strchr() is a
macro based on your particular compilation flags. I'm suspecting that
this is a case of -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE going awry. I don't see how this
could possibly be a libvirt issue; more likely, it is an issue with the
choice of compiler flags you are using, coupled with an issue in the
system headers causing the preprocessor to expand strchr() into
something that tickles a spurious gcc warning.

Just to make sure, could you show 'make V=1' output, so we know exactly which compiler flags are in effect?